COVID-19 Protocol updated September 1, 2020*
In preparing for the August reopening, Kirkfield Westwood Community Centre & Keith Bodley Arena (KWCC/KB) made a commitment to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. Part of that commitment includes frequent review of our COVID-19 Protocols to ensure not only the health and safety of individuals at our facilities but also to provide the best hockey experience possible under the province’s public health orders.
MASKS: Starting September 8, 2020 all individuals entering KWCC/KB who are not participants in hockey programming will be required to wear a mask at all times. Participants are required to wear a mask while entering the facility until they reach the dressing room and again upon leaving the dressing room to exit the facility. Coaches and team officials are not required to wear masks while on the ice or behind the bench, however it is strongly recommended. Off-ice coaches and team officials (managers, volunteers) must wear a mask while in the facility at all times. Individuals under the age of ten do not have to wear a mask, however, it is strongly recommended.
General Protocol • Please read posted signs before entering. • As per the provincial health order, all participants and guests must be screened for symptoms prior to entering the facility each day and are not allowed to enter if they present with COVID-19 symptoms. To make this process as efficient as possible, KWCC/KB has implemented an online screening tool that must be completed prior to entering the facility. • Using your smartphone, you can access the online screening tool by scanning the QR code on the entrance door with your camera or by visiting www.//cutt.ly/0fb6ZNf. • When entering KWCC/KB, please utilize the hand sanitizer station located at the entrance and proceed directly to the designated location in the building that applies to you. If the online self-screening tool cannot be completed for any reason, a tablet will be available to allow completion of the screening process before entering. • At this time, participants may only have one parent or legal guardian in the building to help us meet all provincial guidelines. Younger players that require assistance to get dressed should do so at home before arriving. • Spectators are expected to maintain social distancing at all times when at KWCC/KB (2 metres / 6 feet) and standing along arena boards / glass is not permitted. Please proceed to seating area. • After the ice time is complete, spectators will have to wait until the players and coaches have completely exited the ice and arena before exiting through the lobby to go to their vehicle. There is no congregating in the lobby, by the entrances/exits or in the parking lot. • To eliminate congestion, proceed directly to the parking lot to wait for your child to exit (unless they require special assistance). • All high touch areas will be cleaned on an increased basis each day. • Public access washrooms will also be cleaned on a more regular basis when programming is taking place. • No outside food or beverage will be allowed in the facility. If you or anyone in your household are feeling sick, please do not come to KWCC / Keith Bodley Arena.
COVID-19 Protocol updated September 4, 2020* Return to Play Approved Protocol for KWCC/Keith Bodley Arena
1. Only 19 players are allowed on the ice at one time unless the ice is divided into 2 separate groups (max 19 X 2). If so, these 2 groups are not allowed to interact.
2. Only 14 players are allowed in a dressing room. Please arrange dressing room requirements in advance if planning on 2 groups with more than 14 per group.
3. All players, coaches and spectators must wear a mask. Players can take their mask off in the dressing room when dressing. Players and coaches do not have to wear a mask on the ice.
4. Please observe physical distancing (2 meters / 6 feet). Signs and floor markings are provided as reminders.
5. Participants will not be able to enter KWCC/KB until fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of their session and must vacate the premises within fifteen (15) minutes after the session has concluded. Due to this, younger participants are encouraged to come to the facility dressed for the ice.
6. Once you have put your skates on you are asked to remain in your changeroom until the previous group has completely exited the ice and has entered their respective changerooms before leaving their changerooms to enter the arena.
7. The previous group must remain in their respective changerooms until the next user group has entered the arena before exiting their changeroom to leave in the fifteen (15) minute timeframe. This allows for the elimination of cross traffic in the common areas.
8. Players must stagger their entrance and exit to and from the ice.
9. Your dressing room space will be sanitized prior to every use. We ask that players do not share spaces or supplies at this time.
10. Participants can use the washrooms located in between their assigned dressing rooms one person at a time.
11. Dressing room showers are not available for use at this time.
12. Except for your own filled water bottle there will be no outside food or beverages allowed in the facility. No water fountains will be available to participants or spectators.
13. A new zero tolerance policy regarding spitting will be enforced at all times. Thank you for your cooperation. If we all abide by these policies, we will be able to keep this facility open in these challenging times and most importantly, help keep everyone safe and healthy. KWCC/KB will continue to evaluate facility operation based on future updates from governing bodies